1. Tourist Visa is granted to a Foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives, attending a short term yoga programme. No other activity/purpose is permissible on a Tourist Visa.
2. The High Commission in the normal course issues multiple-entry Tourist Visa valid for a period of 06 months.
3. Documents required: Applicant should submit a colour photograph (size 2" x 2") with white background, print out of the online application form duly signed and original passport.
6. For nationals of Afghanistan, China, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistan origin and Stateless persons, holding tourist visas, a gap of two months between the date of last exit from India and the date of re-entry is mandatory. In case a return journey within the two months' period is necessary for these nationals, please contact the High Commission along with necessary documents for facilitating re-entry. Processing fee is S$ 20.00.
For the other countries, this restriction of maintaining two month gap between two visits is no more valid now.
7. The Tourist Visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
8. Singapore/Foreign Nationals of Indian origin who requires travelling frequently to India on account of familial or related obligations may apply for Entry visas which are granted for longer validity.
9. FRROs/FROs cum Superintendents of Police can grant Landing Permit to the foreigners arriving in India by air or sea without valid visa under emergency situation like death/illness in the family upto a period of maximum three days. For further guidance, please visit : http://boi.gov.in/content/temporary-landing-permit
10. The Government of India Tourist Office is located at: #01-01, 20 Kramat Lane, Singapore 228773, Telephone: 62353800, http://www.incredibleindia.org/. It may be contacted if required for details about places to visit, stay etc.