Adoption of a Child Passport & Consular

Adoption of a Child

The High Commission may be approached to issue a Letter of Assurance (LOA) for adoption. For more information please visit http://cara.nic.in. Indian Nationals residing abroad may adopt a child from India or from any other country which has ratified the Hague Convention on Inter-Country Adoption, 1993 (for details, please visit the link http://www.hcch.net/index_en.php?act=conventions.status&cid=69) .

Documents required:

  • Original Passport and NRIC/EP/WP card of both applicants and photo copies.
  • Marriage certificate original and copy.
  • Passport of the child, if applicable.
  • Letter jointly signed expressing willingness to adopt, identifying the country of child to be adopted and undertaking stating that they are eligible to adopt (inter- country adoption) as per Central Adoption Resource Agency (India) guidelines.
  • Letter from adoption agency.

Fees, processing time and application centre:Click here