High Commission of India

Certificate of Bachelorhood / Single Status Certificate Passport & Consular

Certificate of Bachelorhood / Single Status Certificate

Certificate of Bachelorhood/ Single-status to Indian National -

  A Certificate of bachelorhood/single-status/eligibility to get married can be issued by a competent court/ SDM having jurisdiction of the area of the residential address of the applicant. This can be in the form of a certificate/ affidavit notarized by SDM which is required to be counter-attested by the Home Department of the State concerned. Thereafter, it is to be attested/apostilled by the Attestation Section of the Consular, Passport & Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.

b) In this connection, kindly visit our website at for further instructions and guidance.